Monday, May 14, 2018

Alayna - Sweet Soul

Having delivered some of last year's most unforgettable pop gems such as "Falling Autumn", "High Off You" and "Bliss", which combined have garnered just shy of 8 million plays on Spotify, New Zealand-born, Brooklyn-based singer/songwriter Alayna returns today with her first offering of the year called "Sweet Soul". Produced by Beeswirk, the aptly titled song is a smooth and delicate R&B-infused pop tune that points out the romantic sentiments attached to our human faults in a way that's hard to switch off.

"'Sweet Soul' was a song that kind of came out of nowhere," Alayna tells Okayplayer, who premiered the song earlier today. "I was getting way too anxious about the future, about what my purpose is, who I really am. And I just needed to forget it all for a bit and for someone to tell me it's going to be okay. I wanted to try and remember where my younger self's headspace was, where nothing was too big to overcome and that anything can be fixed. I found that I can find that sweetness in people too, a few moments in my life I've just needed to sit with someone and talk until we drift off somewhere else. Sometimes you just want to hear something good."

Listen to "Sweet Soul" below.



"Sweet Soul" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/alaynamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment