Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Eliza - #MeToo

Less than a month since releasing her previous single, "Roses", London-based singer/songwriter Eliza returns with her latest offering entitled #MeToo. Written by Eliza hereself and produced by Orcades, "#MeToo" is a powerful and meaningful song that was inspired by the movement of the same name which was spearheaded by Tarana Burke and Alyssa Milano and seeks to raise awareness of the multitude of women (and men) who have been sexually harassed and assaulted.

Speaking on the track, Eliza explains:

I personally think It's very important to share our individual experiences to fight against sexual harassment and to take a stand for this cause.

"I know how it feels as I have had similar experiences as well… and when I read all those stories, it made me feel as if I’m part of a larger community and there are wonderful human beings out there who feel my pain and are standing by me.

I also decided that I wanted to make my own small contribution to the movement, and being a singer, songwriter I decided to write and sing a song about my feelings.
"

Check out the lyric video for "#MeToo" below.




https://www.facebook.com/elizasmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment