Friday, June 16, 2017

Julietta - Runaway

Following her previous single "Beach Break" released back in early February, New York City-based songstress Julia Libani, aka Julietta now returns today with yet another wistful pop masterpiece entitled "Runaway", which was produced by Stray Echo and inspired by an emotional weekend she spent in Florence, Italy this past March.

Delving deeper into the inspiration behind the track, Julietta explains:

"Several months ago a guy I met at a party asked me out on a date. The thing is, he lives in Italy and I live in New York. I told him that was a bit far for a Saturday night plan. After playing around with the fantasy of our date, he sent me tickets with my name on it. The sounds you hear in the opening of the song are of me walking and the cars swooshing by is from my walk to meet him when I landed in Florence - I recorded them on my phone. After that dreamy weekend, I sat at the airport waiting for my flight with the Sunday blues and wrote the song. It was the most natural writing formula, at the end of the track you can hear the voice note I took on my iPhone of me boarding the plane."

Listen to "Runaway" below.



"Runaway" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/juliettamusicnyc

No comments:

Post a Comment